賴志河 (Chih-Ho Lai)
Lab: Infection and Immunity Laboratory
University/Nation: National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Tel: 886-3-2118800 ext. 5116
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Research website: https://sites.google.com/a/gap.cgu.edu.tw/infection-and-immunity/
1. Infection and immunity
Our current studies are focused on the investigation of molecular mechanisms of several bacterial components that involved in bacteria-induced pathogenesis of host. We have been explored certain virulence factors which were demonstrated to associate with Helicobacter pylori-induced pathogenesis. In addition, the functional studies of cytolethal distending toxin (CDT) secreted from Campylobacter jejuni as well as its theranostic application are currently exploring in our laboratory.
2. Cancer biology and translational medicine
Seventy thousand patients were diagnosed with cancer in Taiwan every year. We have investigated some potent drugs against several types of cancers and explored their molecular mechanisms. The aims of discovery novel agents for inhibiting tumor cells are developing and charactering in our laboratory. Furthermore, we recently have been collaborated with physicians for the research of translational medicine. Our research interests including infectious diseases, applied microbiology, and cancer biology which have been established in our collaborative teams.
Publications: (recent 5 years)
1. Lin HJ, Jiang ZP, Lo HR, Feng CL, Chen CJ, Yang CY, Huang MZ, Wu HY, Chen YA, Chen Y, Chiu CH, Lai CH*. Coalescence of RAGE in lipid rafts in response to cytolethal distending toxin-induced inflammation. Front Immunol. 2019;10:1-10.
2. Lien HM, Wu HY, Hung CL, Chen CJ, Wu CL, Chen KW, Chang SJ, Chen CC, Lin HJ, Lai CH*. Antibacterial activity of ovatodiolide isolated from Anisomeles indica against Helicobacter pylori. Sci Rep. 2019 doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-40735-y.
3. Chen YH, Tsai WH, Wu HY, Chen CY, Yeh WL, Chen YH, Hsu HY, Chen WW, Chen YW, Chang WW, Lin TL, Lai HC, Lin YH, Lai CH*. Probiotic Lactobacillus spp. act against Helicobacter pylori-induced inflammation. J Clin Med. 2019;8:1-16.
4. Chen YA, Tzeng DTW, Huang YP, Lin CJ, Lo UG, Wu CL, Lin H, Hsieh JT, Tang CH, Lai CH*. Antrocin Sensitizes Prostate Cancer Cells to Radiotherapy through Inhibiting PI3K/AKT and MAPK Signaling Pathways. Cancers. 2019;11:1-18.
5. Lai CH*, Huang JC, Cheng HH, Wu MC, Huang MZ, Hsu HY, Chen YA, Hsu CY, Pan YJ, Chu YT, Chen TJ, Wu YF, Sit WY, Liu JS, Chiu YF, Wang HJ, Wang WC*. Helicobacter pylori cholesterol glucosylation modulates autophagy for increasing intracellular survival in macrophages. Cell Microbiol. 2018;27:1-10.
6. Chen YA, Shih HW, Lin YC, Hsu HY, Wu TF, Tsai CH, Wu CL, Wu HY, Hsieh JT, Tang CH, Lai CH*. Simvastatin sensitizes radioresistant prostate cancer cells by compromising DNA double-strand break repair. Front Pharmacol. 2018;13:600.
7. Lo UG, Pong RC, Yang D, Gandee L, Hernandez E, Dang A, Lin CJ, Santoyo J, Ma S, Sonavane R, Huang J, Tseng SF, Moro L, Arbini AA, Kapur P, Raj GV, He D, Lai CH, Lin H, Hsieh JT*. IFN-r-induced IFIT5 promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer via microRNA processing. Cancer Res. 2018. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-18-2207. [Epub ahead of print]
8. Chen YA, Lin YJ, Lin CL, Lin HJ, Wu HS, Hsu HY, Sun YC, Wu HY, Lai CH*, Kao CH*. Simvastatin therapy for drug repositioning to reduce the risk of prostate cancer mortality in patients with hyperlipidemia. Front Pharmacol. 2018;22:225.
9. Chen YA, Lien HM, Kao MC, Lo UG, Lin LC, Lin CJ, Chang SJ, Chen CC, Hsieh JT, Lin H, Tang CH, Lai CH*. Sensitization of radioresistant prostate cancer cells by resveratrol isolated from Arachis hypogaea stems. PLoS One. 2017;12(1):1-16.
10. Lin LC, Gao AC, Lai CH*, Hsieh JT*, Lin H*. Induction of neuroendocrine differentiation in castration resistant prostate cancer cells by adipocyte differentiation-related protein (ADRP) delivered by exosomes. Cancer Lett. 2017;391:74-82.
11. Lin HJ, Liu HH, Lin CD, Kao MC, Chen YA, Chiang-Ni C, Jiang ZP, Huang MZ, Lin CJ, Lo UG, Lin LC, Lai CK, Lin H, Hsieh JT, Chiu CH, Lai CH*. Cytolethal distending toxin enhances radiosensitivity in prostate cancer cells by regulating autophagy. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017; 7(223):1-8.
12. Peng YH, Chen CK, Su CH, Liao WC, Muo CH, Hsia TC, Sung FC, Lai CH*, Kao CH*. Increased risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among patients with Helicobacter pylori infection: a population-based cohort study. Clin Respir J. 2017;11:558-565.
13. Liao WC, Huang MZ, Wang ML, Lin CJ, Lu TL, Lo HR, Pan YJ, Sun YC, Kao MC, Lin HJ, Lai CH*. Statin decreases Helicobacter pylori burden in macrophages by promoting autophagy. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;6(203):1-11.
14. Lin CJ, Liao WC, Chen YA, Lin HJ, Feng CL, Lin CL, Lin YJ, Kao MC, Huang MZ, Lai CH*, Kao CH*. Statin therapy is associated with reduced risk of peptic ulcer disease in the Taiwanese population. Front Pharmacol. 2017; 8(210):1-8.
15. Lin HJ, Hsu FY, Chen WW, Lee CH, Lin YJ, Chen YY, Chen CJ, Huang MZ, Kao MC, Lai HC, Lai CH*. Helicobacter pylori activates HMGB1 expression and recruits RAGE into lipid rafts to promote inflammation in gastric epithelial cells. Front Immunol. 2016;7:1-11.
16. Lin CJ, Lien HM, Lin HJ, Huang CL, Kao MC, Chen YA, Wang CK, Chang HY, Chang YK, Lai CH*. Modulation of T cell response by Phellinus linteus. J Biosci Bioeng. 2016;121:84-88.
17. Lin CJ, Liao WC, Lin HJ, Hsu YM, Lin CL, Chen YA, Feng CL, Chen CJ, Kao MC, Lai CH*, Kao CH*. Statins attenuate Helicobacter pylori CagA translocation and reduce incidence of gastric cancer. PLoS One. 2016;11(1):1-16.
18. Lai CK, Chen YA, Lin CJ, Lin HJ, Kao MC, Huang MZ, Lin YH, Chiang-Ni C, Chen CJ, Lo UG, Lin LC, Lin H, Hsieh JT, Lai CH*. Molecular mechanisms and potential clinical applications of Campylobacter jejuni cytolethal distending toxin. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:1-8.
19. Lai CH*, Huang CJ, Chiang-Ni C, Li JP, Wu LT, Wu HS, Sun YC, Lin ML, Lee JF, Lin HJ. Mixed infections of Helicobacter pylori isolated from patients with gastrointestinal diseases in Taiwan. Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2016;2016:1-5.
20. Huang PH, Chen MC, Peng YT, Kao WH, Chang CH, Wang YC, Lai CH, Hsieh JT, Wang JH, Lee YT, Lin E, Yue CH, Wang HY, You SC, Lin H. Cdk5 Directly Targets Nuclear p21CIP1 and Promotes Cancer Cell Growth. Cancer Res. 2016;76(23):6888-6900.
21. Tsou YA, Lin CD, Chen HC, Hsu HY, Wu LT, Chiang-Ni C, Chen CJ, Wu TF, Kao MC, Chen YA, Peng MT, Tsai MH, Chen CM, Lai CH*. Interleukin-13 inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced BPIFA1 expression in nasal epithelial cells. PLoS One 2015;10(12):1-16.
22. Tsou YA, Lin CD, Hsu HY, Peng MT, Kuo YY, Tien N, Li JP, Wang CK, Wu HS, Tsai MH, Chen CM, Lai CH*. Association of β-lactam-sensitive Haemophilus influenzae type b with adenoid biofilm formation in patients with adenoidectomy surgery. Surg Infect. 2015;16:709-715.
23. Lai CK, Su JC, Lin YH, Chang CS, Feng CL, Lin HJ, Tseng GC, Hsieh JT, Su HL, Lai CH*. Involvement of cholesterol in Campylobacter jejuni cytolethal distending toxin-induced pathogenesis. Future Microbiol. 2015;10:489-501.
24. Hung CL, Cheng HH, Hsieh WC, Tsai ZT, Tsai HK, Chu CH, Hsieh WP, Chen YF, Tsou Y, Lai CH*, Wang WC*. The CrdRS two-component system in Helicobacter pylori responds to nitrosative stress. Mol Microbiol. 2015;97:1128-41.
25. Lin YH, Chen ZR, Lai CH, Hsieh CH, Feng CL. Active targeted nanoparticles for oral administration of gastric cancer therapy. Biomacromolecules. 2015;16:3021-32.
26. Gandee L, Hsieh JT, Sperandio V, Moreira CG, Lai CH, Zimmern PE. The efficacy of immediate versus delayed antibiotic administration on bacterial growth and biofilm production of selected strains of uropathogenic Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Int Braz J Urol. 2015;41(1):67-77.
27. Chen CM, Liu JJ, Chou CW, Lai CH*, Wu LT*. RpA, an extracellular protease similar to the metalloprotease of serralysin family, is required for pathogenicity of Ralstonia pickettii. J App Microbiol. 2015;119:1101-1111.
28. Kao MC, Yerra KR, Hsieh YW, Weng SH, Lu TL, Tzeng David-TW, Liu JJ, Lin CJ, Lai CH*, Tzeng YW*. A cyclohexadepsipeptide from entomogenous fungi Metarhizium anisopliae inhibits the Helicobacter pylori induced pathogenesis through attenuation of vacuolating cytotoxin-A activity. Process Biochem 2015;50:134–139.
29. Lin CD, Kou YY, Liao CY, Li CH, Huang SP, Cheng YM, Liao WC, Wu PL, Kang JJ, Lee CC, Lai CH*. Zinc oxide nanoparticles impair bacterial clearance by macrophages. Nanomedicine 2014;9:1327–1339.
30. Lai CH*, Chang CS, Liu HH, Tsai YS, Yu YL, Lai CK, Gandee L, Pong RC, Hsu HW, Yu L, Saha D, and Hsieh JT. Sensitization of radio-resistant prostate cancer cells with a unique cytolethal distending toxin. Oncotarget 2014;5:5523-5534.
31. Lin CJ, Lien HM, Chang HY, Huang CL, Liu JJ, Chang YC, Chen CC, Lai CH*. Biological evaluation of Phellinus linteus-fermented broths as anti-inflammatory agents. J Biosci Bioeng 2014;118:88-93.
32. Lai CK, Lu YL, Hsieh JT, Tsai SC, Feng CL, Tsai YS, Tsai PC, Su HL, Lin YH, Lai CH*. Development of chitosan/heparin nanoparticle-encapsulated cytolethal distending toxin for gastric cancer therapy. Nanomedicine 2014;9:803-817.
33. Tsai YS, Lai CL, Lai CH, Chang KH, Wu K, Tseng SF, Fazli L, Gleave M, Xiao G, Gandee L, Sharifi N, Moro L, Tzai TS, Hsieh JT*. The role of homeostatic regulation between tumor suppressor DAB2IP and oncogenic Skp2 in prostate cancer growth. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6425-36.
34. Lai CK, Yerra KR, Chang KR, Lin CW, Su HL, Chang CS, Lai CH*, Tzeng YM*. 3,3′,4′,5′-tetramethoxychalcone inhibits human oral cancer cell proliferation and migration via p53-mediated mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis. Anticancer Res 2014;34:1811-1819.
35. Lai CH*, Lai CK, Lin YJ, Hung CL, Chu CH, Feng CL, Chang CH, Su HL. Characterization of putative cholesterol recognition/interaction amino acid consensus-like motif of Campylobacter jejuni cytolethal distending toxin C. PLoS One 2013;8(6):e66202.
36. Lin YH, Tsai SC, Lai CH, Lee CH, He ZS, Tseng GC. Genipin-cross-linked fucoseechitosan/ heparin nanoparticles for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori. Biomaterials 2013;34:4466-4479.
37. Ho CM, Ho MW, Chi CY, Lin CD, Lin CW, Chang HL, Chang YF, Lu JJ, Lai CH*. Repeated colonization of multidrug–resistant Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex and changes in antimicrobial susceptibilities in surgical intensive care units. Surg Infect 2013;14:43-48.
38. Lai CH*, Perng CL, Lan KH, Lin HJ*. Association of IS605 and cag-PAI of Helicobacter pylori isolated from patients with gastrointestinal diseases in Taiwan. Gastroenterol Res Pract 2013;356217:1-5.
39. Lien HM, Wang CY, Chang HY, Huang CL, Peng MT, Sing YT, Chen CC, Lai CH*. Bioevaluation of Anisomeles indica extracts and their inhibitory effects on Helicobacter pylori-mediated inflammation. J Ethnopharmacol 2013;145:397-401.