Selected Publications: (*corresponding author)
Chen YJ, Deng SM, Chen HW, Tsao CH, Chen WT, Cheng SJ, Huang HS, Tan BC, Matzuk MM, Flint J, Huang GJ*. Follistatin mediates learning and synaptic plasticity via regulation of Asic4 expression in the hippocampus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2021 Sep 28;118(39):e2109040118.
- Eu WZ, Chen YJ, Chen WT, Wu KU, Tsai CY, Cheng SJ, Carter R, Huang GJ*. The effect of nerve growth factor on supporting spatial memory depends upon hippocampal cholinergic innervations. Translational Psychiatry 2021 Mar 15;11(1):162
- Chang S, Bok P, Tsai, CY, Sun CP, Liu H, Deussing JM, Huang GJ*. NPTX2 is a key component in the regulation of anxiety. Neuropsychopharmacology 2018 Aug;43(9):1943-1953
- Chang S, Bok P, Sun CP, Edwards A, Huang GJ*. Neuropsin inactivation has protective effects against depressive-like behaviours and memory impairment induced by chronic stress. PLoS Genetics 2016 Oct 4; 12(10): e1006356
- Tsai CY, Tsai CY, Arnold S, Huang GJ*. Ablation of hippocampal neurogenesis in mice impairs the response to stress during the dark cycle. Nature Communications 2015 Sep 29;6:8373. doi: 10.1038/ncomms9373.
- Cai N, et al., Molecular signatures of major depression. Current Biology 2015 May 4;25(9):1146-56. (co-senior author)
- Huang GJ, Smith AL, Gray DH, Cosgrove C, Singer BH, Edwards A, Sims S, Parent JM, Johnsen A,Mott R, Mathis D, Klenerman P, Benoist C, Flint J. A genetic and functional relationship between T-cells and cellular proliferation in the adult hippocampus. PLoS Biology 2010 Dec 14; 8(12):e1000561
- Huang GJ, Shifman S, Johannesson M, Yalcin B, Valdar W, Taylor J, Mott R, Flint J. High resolution mapping of expression QTLs in heterogeneous stock mice in multiple tissues. Genome Research 2009 Jun; 19(6):1133-40
- Arnold S, Huang GJ (equal contribution), Cheung A, Era T, Nishikawa SI, Bikoff E, Molnar E, Robertson E, Groszer M. The T-box transcription factor Tbr2/Eomes regulates neurogenesis in the cortical subventricular zone. Genes & Development 2008 Sep 15; 22(18):2479-84
- Huang GJ*, Bannerman D, Flint J. Chronic fluoxetine treatment alters behaviour, but not adult hippocampal neurogenesis, in BALB/cJ mice. Molecular Psychiatry 2008 Feb; 13, 119-121.
- Huang GJ, Herbert J. Stimulation of neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus of the adult rat by fluoxetine requires rhythmic change in corticosterone. Biological Psychiatry 2006 Apr 1; 59(7):619-24
- Huang GJ, Herbert J. Serotonin modulates the suppressive effects of corticosterone on proliferating progenitor cells in the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus in the adult rat. Neuropsychopharmacology 2005 Feb 30:231-241